Saturday, September 13, 2008

Man I'm sore

Well on Saturday mornings we shoot from 9 till noon but today is the opening of our archery club, Road Runners. 
Yesterday we had weight training which must have kicked my butt because I'm sore all over. My hamstrings are killing me from doing RDL's and my arms are dead as well as my ribs (serratus) from dips. 
I guess I'm not really looking forward to a long day in the sun, there is a CORR off road race here in chula vista today and tomorrow I wanted to go this afternoon and then go to the beach on Sunday but I guess I'll have to go sunday. 

Well I'm off to eat some delicious (sarcasm) training center food. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What're RDLS AND DIPS?? What're you traing for??

Jake Kaminski said...

RDL's are an exercise to strengthen your Hamstrings. I am using a barbell with 50 kilos of weight on it so somewhere around 120 lbs, you slightly bend your knees and keep your back strait bending at the hips forward until you feel a stretch in your hamstrings just under the knee cap with the barbell and then use the hamstrings to straiten back up. Doing this 3 sets of 12 reps.

Dips is when you position yourself on 2 parallel bars just over shoulder width apart, put one hand on each bar and dip down your body till your elbows are at a 90 degree angle and pushing back up to make them strait, this strengthens your triceps muscles.


I am training for The sport of Archery for the 2012 olympic team.

Anonymous said...

What other weight training exercises do you perform?Do you lift weights everyday?

Anonymous said...

what is your everyday training schedule? do you also have rest days? please tell us.

Jake Kaminski said...

I'll get you guys some more info on my latest blog, check it out.